31.5.2014

Sähköpostitiedusteluihin vastaaminen: Tehtävä 3

"Ciao! I´m Antonio and I write to you from Bergamo, Italy. Bergamo is situated some 40 km from Milan.  I have noticed there is a straight flight connection between my home town and Tampere and so I have decided to travel to your exotic country of thousand lakes. I really look forward to seeing you beautiful Finnish women too!

I would be extremely thankful if you could give me some hints concerning the works of Alvar Aalto. l have become a great fan of him because I visited Milan design week in April 2007. I saw there some greatest products of Artek and I found out that architect Aalto has grounded Artek.
Would you be so kind that you would list me some places which I could visit to get to know Aalto and his works (design and buildings) better. My plan is to stay in Finland for one week. Would you kindly plan me a raw schedule for my week so that it begins from Tampere and end there too. I would so much like to visit the birthplace of Aalto, too.
Thank you for advance for your great help! Maybe we´ll have a chance to meet during my visit to Finland? That would be fantastic!
With love, Antonio."
Hello Antonio!
I am very happy that you are interested about visiting Finland and especially our proud: Alvar Aalto. I also agree with you, we have some wonderful women too. Referring to your email, here's the raw schedule for your stay.

DAY 1
Arriving to Tampere
- Housing for ex-service men (Asevelikylä)
  Designed in 1940
  Between Kuoppamäentie and Muotialantie, Tampere
Going to Jyväskylä by train (www.vr.fi) or by bus (www.matkahuolto.fi)

DAY 2
In Jyväskylä
- Alvar Aalto Museum
  Life's work in chronological order
  Admission fee 6€
  Tuesday - Sunday open at 11-18
  Alvar Aallon katu 7
  40600 Jyväskylä
  museum@alvaraalto.fi

- Worker's Club
  Building he designed
  Open by appointment
  Väinönkatu 7
  40100 Jyväskylä
  +358102314400

DAY 3
Arriving to Helsinki
- Aalto House
  A family home and an office
  During summer: Guided tours start at 13:00, 14:00, 15:00 and 16:00 (Tuesday - Sunday)
  Admission fee for guided tour 17€
  Riihitie 20
  00330 Helsinki
  riihitie@alvaraalto.fi

DAY 4
In Helsinki
- Studio Aalto
  His office
  During summer: Guided tours start at 11:30 and 12:30 (Tuesday - Saturday)
  Admission fee for guided tour 17€
  Tiilimäki 20
  00330 Helsinki
  riihitie@alvaraalto.fi

- Artek Helsinki
  Furniture Alvar Aalto has designed
  Open: Monday - Friday 10:00 - 19:00, Saturday 10:00 - 16:00
  Eteläesplanadi 18
  00130 Helsinki

DAY 5
In Helsinki
- House of Culture
  Considered to be one of his main works
  Sturenkatu 4
  00510 Helsinki
Going to Turku

DAY 6
In Turku
- Turun Sanomat newspaper offices
  To generate the image of leadership
  Currently in use. Visits can be arranged.
  Kauppiaskatu 5
  20100 Turku

- Standard rent house
  In use, outside view
  Läntinen Pitkäkatu 20
  20100 Turku

DAY 7
Going back to Tampere
On the way visiting
- Iittala Design Museum and outlet
  Alvar Aalto vase, In Design Museum you can take a look to Finnish glass art
  In outlet you can buy the vase
  Outlet open everyday 10-18 (summer season 10-20)
  Design Museum open everyday 11-17 (summer season)
  Könnölänmäentie 2 A
  Iittalan lasikeskus
  14500 Iittala
  shop.iittala@iittala.com

I would happily be your guide this summer. I will be waiting for you contact if the raw schedule is okey. Please let me know if there's something more I can do.

Sincerely yours,
Sari Kallio

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti